How can I find my User ID (GWID #) ?
- Incoming students can find their GWID # in the GW Application system or in the letter or email received from the Admissions Office.
- If you are a new student that has officially accepted an offer of admission but has not yet registered for courses, you can look-up your GWID # by visiting the GWID retrieval page.
- Current students, employees and Alumni can also use the GWID retrieval page to retrieve their GWID using their active NetID and password.
Don't know your PIN?
- If you have previously logged into GWeb, type your GWID # in the User ID field, leave the PIN field blank and click on the Forgot PIN button to start the process of resetting your PIN. You can also watch our 2 minute YouTube video of how to reset your PIN.
- First-time user? Your PIN will be your date of birth in the MMDDYY format (Month, Day, Year). Thatís 2 digits for the Month, 2 digits for the day and 2 digits for the year. For example, if your birth date is March 25th, 1983 your PIN will be 032583. If this doesnít work you can try the last 6 digits of your GWID # or the MMYY99 format (038399 for the March 25th, 1983 date example).
- Prospective students: please note that you might have logged in previously to the GWeb Info system to pay your Admissions deposit and now you are attempting to login for another purpose such as Financial Aid. If thatís the case, you need to use your previously generated PIN to successfully login or can reset it per the above instructions.
For additional help and contact information please visit our GWeb Help page.
[ Exit Help